Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Happening

Plot Summary: A science teacher and his wife take refuge in the countryside when a mysterious illness turns people into suicidal zombies.

Movie Groupie Jabber: Remember when I said Iron Man was the summer's best movie? Well, The Happening is the worst! I almost walked out and I never walk out on a movie. I have been an M. Knight Shyamalan fan since The Sixth Sense, and Signs is on my list of top 10, but his last four movies have been horrible and this one is the bottom of the barrel. Even Mark Wahlberg, one of today's more talented actors, was wooden and uninspiring. And the plot is a complete joke. It's unbelievable and at times even comical. Don't even bother renting this one on DVD unless you want a good laugh.


My Score: 32
Metacritic: 34
Rotten Tomatoes : 19

No comments: