Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hancock


Plot Summary: Unlikely hero John Hancock tries to redeem himself and improve his image by ridding L.A. of some of its worst criminal elements.

Movie Groupie Jabber: Another Will Smith July 4th movie, though I saw it with my friends on the 8th. The hype about this flick has been going on for quite a while, but when the movie finally premiered, the reviews were dismal. I had heard it was very "dark," and I was sure I wasn't going to enjoy it. Surprise, surprise! It was actually pretty fun! Some good lines and some good action. Jason Bateman was his usual awesome self and Charleze Theron handled her role well. And of course Smith's tongue-in-cheek humor brought more laughs than I expected. Hancock's PG-13 rating is for some non-bloody violence and language; it's a very mild PG-13. This movie does what movies should.... it entertained.

My score: 83
Metacritic score: 49
Rotten Tomato score: 35

No comments: